Raja DasScript Writer & Director
Mr Raja Das a person blended in a dynamic streak, who dwells upon the pleasure of enchanting the holiness of film making and
cherishes the work of teaching pupils with the same spirit. Gospels fall short off the passion this man puts into every bit of this
creation. If gets exaggerated this eloquence of filmmaking cannot be cited as a state of a paradox but celebrated with pomp
and gaiety with proper hypothecation as his every lecture in the classroom of the institute provides to be. Enhancing the urge
of his students on filling their boxes with treasures of knowledge, gives our institution the stature that it has climbed on to.
Educational Qualification: MA, English Lit. BA(Hons), English Lit.
Professional Qualification: Diploma in Cinematography, AAFT(Noida).
Academic Award: Scholarship from Southern Illinois Univ, USA for Terminal Level Cinema Prog.
- Screenplay Writer and Creative Producer of the film “Pather Sandhan”(The Quest) based on a classic story of Bibhutibhusan Bandyopadhyay. The film is being sent to major international film festivals and had its World Premiere in IFFT, 2016, Kerala. The Film is selected in Hanoi International Film Festival, Vietnam, 2016, Imagineindia Film Festival Barcelona, 2016 and Imagineindia, Madrid, 2017. Completed another screenplay for an upcoming film titled “Panchforon”, as registered with EIMPA, till day.
- Working as a Guest Professor of Film & Television Production at IMCFTS, University of Kalyani for the last four years. Programs
taught include –
MA in Mass Comm & Community Journalism.
PG Diploma in Mass Comm & Journalism.
Consultant of the Academic Curriculum of Autograph Institute of Movie & Media, a venture of MIES Group since its inception in 2012.
- Project Designer, Script-writer & DOP of a documentary film in 2 parts titled :
A Homecoming Spectacle Prod. by AI Boston, Lesley University, USA.
As Researcher, Script-writer, Producer & Director:
- Makers of Bengali Literature: Pyarichand Mitra, documentary commissioned by CIIL, Ministry of HRD, Govt of India.
- Makers of Bengali Literature: Kaliprasanna Singha, documentary commissioned by CIIL, Ministry of HRD, Govt of India.
- Tribes of Bengal – RABHA, documentary commissioned by CIIL, Ministry of HRD, Govt. of India.
- Natua – a martial art in oblivion, independent documentary.
- Cut With Indane, promotional documentary for Indian Oil Corp.
- Eco-Huts of Durosam , promotional films for AB Composites, Kolkata, 2006.
- As Researcher and Script-Writer:
- Rabhas of NE India, a film project of Films Division, India.
- Makers of Bengali Literature: Premendra Mitra documentary commissioned by CIIL, Ministry of HRD, Govt of India,2007.
- Makers of Bengali Literature: Buddhadev Basu(2episodes) documentary commissioned by CIIL, Ministry of HRD, Govt of India,2008.
- Padavali Poetry documentary commissioned by Ministry of HRD, Govt of India,2008.
- Chadiya Chadiyani, a dying folk play of Manbhum, commissioned by Ministry of Culture, Govt. of India.
- Wrote the script of 32 episode program for Doordarshan, Kolkata titled Ek Taan Bahu Gaan, produced by Abhijit Dasgupta(Advent), 1998.
As Concept-writer & Designer:
- Buddhist Remains in Orissa Documentary commissioned by Tourism & Culture Dept. Govt. of Orissa.
- Empanelled with the Ministry of HRD, Govt. of India as a Producer/Director of Television Documentaries (From 2007).
As Researcher, Script-writer & Director:
- Following Documentaries produced by CFA for National Museum, New Delhi. 2005.
- The Churches of the West In the East.
- Religious Capital of Bengal.
- Halishar – The Birthplace of Poet Ramprasad.
- Sodepur – The Vaisnab Pilgrimage.
- 13th Kolkata Film Festival (selected Film: NATUA..a martial art in oblivion)
- 14th Kolkata Film Festival ( Selected film: RABHA..a tribe of Bengal)
- Kolkata Film Festival,2011(Kaliprasanna Singha)
- Member of the Short Film Makers’ Association of Eastern India since Yr 2000.
Equipments in possession:
- Professional HD Camcorder with Boom & Lapel Mikes.
- Professional Kino Lights.
- Carnival – a collection of Bengali Poetry published from “Ebong Mushayera”. Kayakalpa Mayasavyatay – another poetry book published by Kabitirtha, released in Calcutta Book Fair.